How does the tattoo removal process work?
The Quanta laser shatters the ink in the middle layer of the skin where the ink is located. The ink is then detected by the body’s lymphatic system and identified as a foreign object. Through the body’s natural process, the ink is then eliminated through body waste.
Is it painful to get a tattoo removed?
The answer varies from person to person. Most clients describe the feeling that is similar to the flick of a rubber band or the splash of bacon grease on the skin. We use the Zimmer Cryo 6 cooling system as a natural way to numb the skin prior to and during treatments. We know that everyone has a different pain tolerance and our technicians will do their best to make the treatment as comfortable as possible.
Can tattoo removal scar?
The chances of scarring are less than 5% if the client follows all aftercare instructions. Some health conditions, taking certain medications such as Accutane and/or a history of keloids, can increase the risk of scarring but these things will be discussed during the consultation.
What is the AFTERCARE treatment of tattoo removal?
- The area will be covered with an ointment such as A&D and a bandage after each treatment.
- Apply this type of ointment for 3 days, 2 times daily.
- A client can take ibuprofen for discomfort but NOT ASPIRIN.
- A cool compress can also be applied.
- The area should be kept dry for 24 hours to increase the speed of healing.
- Do not pick at any scabs or pop blisters.
- Drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated.
- After three days, let the area dry out for more rapid healing.
- Always contact your family physician if there is unusual swelling or pain.
How long will each session take?
Depending on the size of your tattoo, the removal process is very fast. Your body can only absorb so much ink/color so if you have a larger tattoo we will have to break up your treatments into several sessions.
Will tattoo removal get rid of my tattoo 100%?
There are 250 types of ink in the tattoo market, which are not regulated by the FDA so we have no way of knowing what we are working with. We do see 100% removal in many cases but please note there is a chance that the tattoo will just fade.
Which colors fade the fastest with tattoo removal?
Black ink fades the fastest. Colored tattoos will take more treatments than a full colored black tattoo.